Friday, March 21, 2008

Day 5 - On the Loose

Well Arda and I parted ways again this morning. She was heading east to conquer Emory Pass at 8828 ft. and I headed west to the city of Benson where I will attend a horse clinic next week. We are going to give it another try - Bunny Face when we meet up again in Kerrville TX on April 3rd.

Here are the ladies getting ready to hit the road... do they look ready to conquer the mountain?











I too had an exciting day… 3 new tires plus the new spare we bought last fall are now on the trailer. I used one of the old tires as a spare. The side-walls on the old tires had started to crack from the sun and their age so it was time to replace them.
TV is not working after the trip back to Benson… looks like I may have to buy another one. The one we had is a really old one so not too much of a loss except we didn't want to do it just now.

I have an appointment next Wed AM to get the trailer plug on the truck fixed. I broke the small plastic part that holds the trailer socket in and of course you can't just buy the broken piece, you have to buy the whole unit. The part is $13 and the labor is $80... go figure.

I took the hitch in to be fixed as it did not have a deep enough drop so the trailer did not ride level… it should be ready next Wed. I bought a $100 part that I will now return as Jake at the machine shop came up with an old hitch he will cut down. Thank goodness there are still some people skilled at fixing vs replacing things.

The SKP park in Benson is nice but sterile (meaning lined up in rows with no trees) if you know what I mean.

All in all… a pretty good day.

Temperature = 83

No comments: