Monday, March 24, 2008

Day 8 - On the Loose

As I didn't have a lot to do today, I got up about 6:30 AM, had breakfast, drank some coffee and did my e-mails. I then headed to Tucson which is about 45 minutes away to return the trailer hitch I bought to fix the over-all tow height of the trailer. I also bought the part to fix the trailer light socket on my truck. At $75 labor to install an $8 part it seems to me that I can do this myself... at least I hope so!
This afternoon I went to Bob King's place to see what was going on. He has sold 2 horses and the people were there to pick them up. They spend the winter in Mexico and then go to Wyoming for the summer where Dick he owns 80 acres and looks after the cattle for a ranch. Dick started roping about a year ago and has worked at it very hard to become very good at it.

Bob's new saddle is awesome. It is so light yet strong enough to be able to use roping. If anyone who is a trail rider wants to use a western saddle that is very well made, then this is for you. If you want additional information, contact Bob King at http://www.ranch-roper.com/.


Tonight's dinner was great... fried chicken and brown rice (prepared by Arda for me) plus Garbanzo Chick Peas and a cookie from a local Mormon deli. Arda is really something as she has prepared meals for me AND undertaken her bike 4 cancer quest... I am a lucky man! Painted Head

Temperature = 82

No comments: