Thursday, April 3, 2008

Day 17 – Catching Arda!

I spent the night in the Lost Maples State Nature Area after visiting with Arda, Jan and Jeanie and a few others at Fox Fire Cabins. The park was less than a mile from the ladies' lodging. It was another sleepless night as the wind picked up and shook the trailer all night long even with the stabilizer jacks down. It was so bad I was concerned about the ladies having to ride in this the next day but it slowed down some and it came from a direction that actually helped them... at times.
There are 2 routes from the park to Kerrville and guess what? The ladies did not follow the published map (I did not know they were going to do this - do you suppose there is a message here?). I also picked the wrong route... surprise! Surprise!
I did have a nice drive into Kerrville as a lot of the time I was either crossing or going over 1-lane bridges on the Guadalupe River. There was once again a lot of beautiful scenery.

I "found" Arda and many of the other riders in the bike shop of all places! She had a screw missing, I've been telling her that for years, Nervousonly this time it was from the mirror on her bike (sure what else - duh). She also bought a new carrier which I installed for her.

After a great lunch at "Mamacitas" (bet you can't guess what type of food this was...) we went back to the hotel where she checked in, then we went to the trailer to clean-up and then back to the hotel for a very nice dinner.

Tomorrow we are going to relax and do some of the running around that needs to be done so don't look for my blog until Saturday after Arda leaves town.

Temperature = 78 (high humidity)

No comments: