Thursday, April 10, 2008

Day 24 - Navasota, Tx

Arda (do you think she is happy in what she is doing?) left for Cleveland TX early this AM (8:00 AM) while I am staying in Navasota for a couple of days because there is a roping competition and rodeo in the next town (Brenham) on Sat that I am going to go to... gotta get my fix again! Cowboy

 
John Lindberg and myself took Chuck Lindberg's (no relation) truck and parked it at the post office in Richards for him. That way he could ride with Genie for 20 miles or so and then be on his way.

I also want to share the contents of an e-mail that Arda received from a couple we met in Michigan last fall when we were camping. They do not know us from Adam but we were talking and they made a very nice contribution to Arda's Bike4Cancer effort. They are currently in Florida visiting their cousins who would like to meet Arda and cheer her on... she will be staying overnight in their town. This just blew me away as I know people are supporting Arda's efforts but here she is many miles from home and these people (virtually strangers) are spreading the word of her quest and bring additional support... people are amazing!
Back to Wrangler Dave... I threw a rope yesterday and boy was my arm stiff because I had not done anything like since leaving Benson AZ. It is also difficult to find something to throw at as there aren't many skinny cows standing around... I think there must be one in my future.
The rest of the day was spend getting caught up on my "to do" list Mopping and other fun stuff... actually I did not mind having a day with not much to do for a change - it was relaxing. Also the maid must have come by the trailer after Arda left because the bed was made, dishes done, and everything cleaned up... do you suppose Arda could have done this before she left???

Temperature = 88 (muggy and wet)

No comments: