Monday, April 7, 2008

Day 21 - Bastrop

Last night was pretty good in the Wally Mart parking lot until they started dumping wood chips about 5:00 AM in the area right next to me. The good news is they quit after 3 trucks so I went back to sleep until 7:30 or so. Since I was at Wally Mart without electricity, I decided to go to Starbuck’s for coffee (I could have made my own in the trailer but ok, I was lazy today).

Arda headed to La Grange and I was off to Navasota where she will have another day off. As I was driving to Navasota, I got a phone call from her asking me if I wanted to meet her for lunch in La Grange… she obviously wanted another free lunch from Wrangler Dave! We decided to meet at her hotel and then go from there. Being Monday, not much was open in this town of about 4000 people but we found a small coffee shop (Latte on the Square) where we had a nice lunch. They also have a very nice square...

When we got to the hotel, 2 people on a tandem bike stopped to talk to the ladies. They had read in the paper about Woman’s Tour and were interested in it because they were avid bikers, all be it tandem bikes. They immigrated from Israel about 29 years ago to Huston where they live part-time. The rest of the time they live at their ranch in La Grange where their 3 grown children visit them. The ranch is called Sabra (I think that is how it is spelled) and is very beautiful. The bike is in front of their ranch.

I am staying in the Municipal Camp Grounds in Navasota. It is not as pretty as Kerrville but it is cheap with full hook-ups. As Arda is off the next couple of days, I am not sure when I will post another message but I will be back.

A lot of bull just down the road from where I am staying...

Temperature = 91 (getting a little warm)

No comments: