Sunday, April 6, 2008

Day 20 - Following Arda

Another beautiful day. Each morning as I set my GPS I try to take as many back-roads as possible but sometimes that is a chore as the GPS wants to take interstates and state highways… Sick

Today was a long ride for the group as they had to cover 95 miles from Blanco to Bastrop… funny it only took me about 4 hours to cover the 159 miles they took 2 days to do. Arda and Jan set out on a mission today as Arda and I wanted to visit our friends Sandra and Shawn Bucklin in Austin. They had twins 3 weeks ago named Cash and Carry (oops that should be Cara) and are just beautiful. Grandma Bucklin (Dawn) is also there helping out. Anyway, Arda and Jan covered the 95 miles is 7 hours… amazing. Here they are at mile 89 looking fresh as the road side flowers.

Arda and I went to Austin (about a 65 minute drive) where Shawn and Sandra cooked some great Texas steaks on the BBQ and we sat outside to eat as it was another great spring day in Texas. Arda was a little late getting back as I couldn’t pry her away from the babies… look out Steve and Jenny!
Another great day! Thumbs Up

Temperature = 87




No comments: